Perl : Unable to Locate Component. perl58.dll was not found

Here is another problem. A community problem between oracle and perl :). I have installed Active Perl in my machine. It was working fine. Later I installed an oracle instance. Thats all. Now Oracle is working fine, but not Perl. Whenever I execute a Perl module, I will be getting a dialog box saying,

Perl : Unable to Locate Component. perl58.dll was not found

Later I found that the perl module used by Oracle internally overrides the default settings. One of the posts in ActiveState.com forum helped me to identify this. When I unset PERL5LIB environmental variable, It started working fine

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s